From 20th-27th June, we had 9 enthusiastic Americans in Stranraer to help us out. While they were here they:
- Gave out postcard invitations to every house in the town, as well as Stoneykirk and Sandhead.
- Spoke about God's work in their lives and and chatted to the pupils about what Christians believe in two higher RMPS classes in Stranraer Academy.
- Helped organise and run a ladies' coffee morning, men's curry & quiz night and church BBQ.
- Cleaned 1300 seats at Stair Park (home of Stranraer FC) in preparation for the new season.
- Helped out with the ROC drop-in cafe which Stephen volunteers at each week.
- Sang some psalms and spent some time talking to the elderly folk in Dalrymple Court (sheltered housing).
- Did an open-air psalm sing in the town centre.
- Visited Covenanter monuments in Anwoth & Wigtown.
Monica, one of the team, wrote:
"Saying goodbye to the Stranraer congregation was probably one of the hardest for us. We were blessed to spend so much time with them getting to know them. Meeting and fellowshipping with the congregations has by far been my favorite parts of the trip. The Lord has surrounded us here by those who have a great love for Him and His people. So many people have opened their homes to us, and that has been such a blessing to receive. Thoughts and prayers go to those congregations who hosted us."
The team also spent time helping churches in Airdrie, North Edinburgh & Glasgow.