From 26-29 August the Stranraer congregation had the help of short-term mission team (GO team), made up of 8 people from Ireland and 3 from Scotland.
While here, the team:
- Gave out postcards (with a Bible verse & invitation to the church) to homes in Castle Kennedy, Dunragit, Glenluce, New Luce, Newton Stewart, Kirkcolm, Leswalt, Portpatrick, Ardwell, Port Logan, Drummore, Kirkcowan & Wigtown.
- Took part in open-air psalm singing in Stranraer town centre on the Saturday afternoon
- Sang psalms and spent time with the residents in Dalrymple Court (sheltered housing, just down from the church)
- Took part in several fellowship events: a church BBQ, a men's breakfast, the screening of a film about the Reformer John Knox and a church lunch.
- The team also had the opportunity to visit Covenanter sites in Wigtown and learn about those in the past for whom loyalty to Jesus had cost them their lives.
We are grateful to those who came on the team for their work, and thank God for a very encouraging weekend.